#1 July 23, 2016 4:52am

yonar

Updating failed, might be a too large website

Hi there

I run a magazine on Bigtree CMS. I upgraded to a new version a few issues before, without too many problems (well I have an annoying sort order bug now, but that's off topic). This time however, I got a script time out and the site was down. I fixed that (after some stressfull puzzling) by moving the backed up core folder back to the bigtree root and renaming it to core.

I then decided to add a line to my .htaccess to allow a longer execution time and give it one more go. Result:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /path/to/bigtree/core/inc/bigtree/sql.php on line 148

I have a memory limit on that machine of 256MB. One would think that's more than plenty.

This magazine is starting to become quite business critical for us, so we do need upgrades. Of course, 8 issues will get a shitload of content in the database. How can we do this manually? I fear just copying the new core folder will still need me to run database scripts, which is exactly where the update fail takes place?

For the record, after both upgrade crashes, there wasn't a new core folder.

Randy

#2 July 24, 2016 6:50pm

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Updating failed, might be a too large website

What version are you upgrading from? Without a full stack trace I'm not sure what it's choking on but it sounds like an endless loop.

Board footer