#1 April 21, 2016 7:57am

Terra-IT

Creating new users, update CMS. Both aren't working

Hi Timbuckingham,

We have some problems with creating new users beside the admin-user. Also updating the CMS didn't go well, we had to do it manually. Therefore I am asking if there is a solution for this kind of struggle. We thought it may be the setting for permissions. Because the new users we are creating do not come up on the userlist and also were not added in the database.

Can you please help us out?

Thankyou

#2 April 21, 2016 8:39am

timbuckingham
Administrator

Re: Creating new users, update CMS. Both aren't working

The CMS's self-updater has had some bugs in the past. I can't remember what version fixed SFTP but I believe in the latest release that should be working now.

For your user issue my first question would be what release of BigTree are you on now? If you're on 4.2.9 the best way to debug it is going to be editing /core/admin/modules/users/create.php -- after line 19 type:

print_r($bigtree["sql"]["errors"]);
die();

Then try to create a user and see if it prints out any errors. Also, you mentioned manually updating -- have you visited the Developer tab since updating? It will run any database updates that it needs to upon going there. There's a chance that the bigtree_users table schema is outdated.

Board footer